Best war films

Movies
Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down and Apocolypse Now all get honourable mentions, but what would you say is the best war film of all timeA Demon Premium member

Create a free account to be credited and vote on posts. In addition premium members get no adverts, and more benefits.

Not sure about best... but have you ever seen We Were Soldiers with Mel Gibson? That movie is amazing.

1 month ago

Quantom X Premium member

Yep that's in the collection somewhere. I'm in the slow process of moving so packed away at the moment

1 month ago

A Demon Premium member

Cool. Behind Enemy Lines is a great one to. About historical WWII Russian sniper hero Vasily Zaytsev played by Jude Law. Ed Harris is also in it as a great villain. (then again when is he not a great villain?)

1 month ago

Quantom X Premium member

Behind Enemy Lines is good. Think I prefer Enemy At The Gates

1 month ago

A Demon Premium member

Derp, that's what I meant. Enemy at the Gates. I got those movies mixed up. I actually have not yet seen Behind Enemy Lines... that I can remember

1 month ago

Quantom X Premium member

The Longest Day.

Personally i think Apocalypse Now and We Were Soldiers were horrible movies. Second placei s probably Pearl Harbor, a much hated movie in its own right but i love the event that is portayed, not badly at all IMHO.

For a Vietnam war movie, The Thin Red Line of course, or Casualties Of War

What is really a war movie is hard to say though. A movie about the war, or a movie taking place during a war.

1 month ago

lionhead

Join the mailing list

Addresses are not passed on to any third party, and are used solely for direct communication from this site. You can unsubscribe at any time.